Jim Rogers started trading the stock market with $600 in 1968.In 1973 he formed the Quantum Fund with the legendary investor George Soros before retiring, a multi millionaire at the age of 37. Rogers and Soros helped steer the fund to a miraculous 4,200% return over the 10 year span of the fund while the S&P 500 returned just 47%.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Jim Rogers : I do not speak Chinese I am hopeless

Jim Rogers : I do not speak Chinese I am hopeless , my little girls tell me daddy please do not speak Chinese , Chinese is a tonal language , you have to hear the tones , I am almost tone deaf , so Chinese is the kind of language that you can say the same words but if you use the wrong tone , you could say "I would like a glass of water" but if you use the wrong tone it could be "take off your clothes" so you have to be very careful with Chinese , and since I do not get the tones I do not try to speak Chinese ....it would not be a worthy effort , it takes so much effort for me with my bad tones to learn it that I do other things with my time , My children speak perfect Chinese though- in the RBS Conference 22.11.2011

1 comment:

  1. What other languages do you feel are also important for someone to learn, besides Chinese.

    ReplyDelete

Jim Rogers "the 19th century was the century of the UK , the 20th century was the century of the US , the 21 st century is going to be the century of China "
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...