Jim Rogers started trading the stock market with $600 in 1968.In 1973 he formed the Quantum Fund with the legendary investor George Soros before retiring, a multi millionaire at the age of 37. Rogers and Soros helped steer the fund to a miraculous 4,200% return over the 10 year span of the fund while the S&P 500 returned just 47%.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Jim Rogers on Fox Business News 08 August 2011

Jim Rogers interview starts at approx 10:18 in the video

Legendary investor Jim Rogers interviewed by Fox Business News on 08 August 2011 : Jim Rogers : when the market hits bottom I will probably add more agriculture , Mr Bernanke dos not know any better he is going to print more money and so are all the central banks and when they print money you better own real assets whether it is rice or silver or natural gas , I do not like saying this Eric but we are dealing with people who do not understand economics or finance or currencies .... I may have to cover my shorts to keep going down , they have pulled nothing out of the hat , you see gold going up like a rocket , I own gold but it is getting ahead of itself , you are exactly right , one has to be careful when you see a class like this , a panic climate .... regarding the oil prices going down Jim Rogers says : Oh Absolutely because the panic in the world and then the economy is going to slow down dramatically everywhere , ...the only good thing is , first of all I own oil but it is not good for my portfolio of course my shorts are going down lower but when the bottom hits I am afraid we all have to own real assets because they do not know hat else to do except to print money it is not good for the world .... you can own stocks if you want in the 1970s , stocks did nothing , stocks went down for most of them in the seventies , commodities had a staggering bull market one of the great bull markets in history , no Eric I am short stocks and I own commodities because in my view we are back in the seventies again which is not good for stocks ... I happen to be in Asia as you pointed out and let me tell you the stocks are down 4 , 5 percent too , so it is not just happening in New York it is happening everywhere ...
Jim Rogers started trading the stock market with $600 in 1968.In 1973 he formed the Quantum Fund with the legendary investor George Soros before retiring, a multi millionaire at the age of 37. Rogers and Soros helped steer the fund to a miraculous 4,200% return over the 10 year span of the fund while the S&P 500 returned just 47%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jim Rogers "the 19th century was the century of the UK , the 20th century was the century of the US , the 21 st century is going to be the century of China "
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...