Jim Rogers started trading the stock market with $600 in 1968.In 1973 he formed the Quantum Fund with the legendary investor George Soros before retiring, a multi millionaire at the age of 37. Rogers and Soros helped steer the fund to a miraculous 4,200% return over the 10 year span of the fund while the S&P 500 returned just 47%.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

US Dollar is not a safe heaven , I own it just because I think everybody will go there

Jim Rogers : I own the US Dollar I told your network before that I own the US Dollar , one reason it has not is is first of all there are so many people who sold the dollar then all of a sudden there are a lot of people who find themselves too short the dollar and they had to back in , secondly there is chaos in the rest of the world too and many people wrongly in my view wrongly plead to the US Dollar as a safe heaven , I own it , I do not own it as a safe heaven I own it because I just assume everybody else is going to run there it could go much higher for a while
I own it because I know that the standard reaction is in times of confusion to run to the US Dollar , it is the wrong thing to do in my view but I know they are all going to do it so I have done it , as I told you before because everybody was so pessimistic on the dollar and I have found in my carrier that when everybody is on one side of the boat Laura you should go to the other side for a while so I bought US Dollar because of the pessimism ....- in RT America

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jim Rogers "the 19th century was the century of the UK , the 20th century was the century of the US , the 21 st century is going to be the century of China "
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...